Recently, Google introduced a cool new feature that lets you add a kids profile on Google TV. You can then set up parental controls, share your family library, approve purchases, manage their screen time, monitor apps, and more. This is one of the best Google TV tricks and the one you should use to improve your kid’s experience on Google TV. So, if you want to add a child profile on Google TV and set up various parental controls, check out our simple guide below.
Add a Kids Profile on Google TV (2021)
1. First, go to your profile icon and click on “ Change account ” at the top.
2. Next, click on the “Add a child ” button.
3. To start the setup process, click “To start» on the intro screen.
4. On the next page, click on “Add a child ” proceed. If you’ve already added a child to your Google Account, they’ll show up here. You can then select the child whose account you are creating from the list.
5. Now enter the name of your child for whom you are creating the profile and click on “ Following“.
6. On the next page, enter the age of the child and click “Next”. After that scroll down and accept the terms and conditions, and continue.
7. Google TV will then guide you through the parental verification process to complete the setup. Choose the parent’s account and send the code. You will be receive a 6-digit code on your mobile number. Enter the code and click “Next”.
8. Finally, you have created a kids profile on your Google TV. Now you will see a list of suggested apps on the screen, select which apps your kids should access, and click “Install and Continue” to complete the setup.
9. You can also configure “Screen Time” to determine how long your children can watch TV. This feature also allows you to set a bedtime limit, after which your child will no longer be able to access the TV.
10. What I liked the most is that there is a ‘Profile lock ‘ optional too. We recommend that you set up a PIN code for the child’s profile so that your children cannot switch to other profiles at will.
11. Apart from this you have other parental controls such as definition of themes, share your family library, choose your child’s TV ratings, and more.
12. So this is wwhat a child’s profile looks like on google tv once you have everything set up.
13. I also recommend installing the Google Family Link app (android, iOS) to approve purchases, manage screen time, and control other settings on the go.
Set up parental controls for your child on Google TV
This is how you can activate a kids profile on Google TV and set up various parental controls for your kids. The process is simple and you can get the kids profile up and running in minutes. If you want to know how to customize Google TV home screen or turn off personalized recommendations via the linked articles. Anyway, it all comes from us. If you have any questions, feel free to comment below.