Although the smart TV experience on Fire TV Stick is quite good, there are users who want a traditional experience just like they had on their STB boxes. No, I’m not talking about installing Kodi and Live TV add-ons. Amazon has brought a separate live TV section where you can add free live TV channels and experience them in a scrolling grid layout. And the best part is that some apps have already started making changes to accommodate the new timeline UI. So, if you want to add free live TV channels on Fire TV Stick and experience them in a classic way, here are the steps you need to follow.
Add Free Live TV Channels on Fire TV Stick (2021)
Before we begin, let me clarify a few points. Currently, there are only a few apps that take advantage of the Live TV feature and those applications are mainly from the United States. I tried using some Indian live tv apps such as YuppTV, Voot and nexGTV but they were not showing up in the live tv timeline. So, if you are from the United States, you can try this feature without any problem.
1. There are many free live TVs apps such as Sling TV, Pluto TV, Tubi TV, and more. In this article, I will show how to add 36 free live TV channels from Sling TV on Fire TV Stick.
2. First, press the “Alexa” button on the Fire TV remote and say “Sling TV”. It will take you directly to the installation page. Click on ” To download to install the app.
3. After that, open the app and connect to Sling TV. If you don’t have an account, you can Sign up for a free account of here. Keep in mind that when signing up, you don’t need to enter your card details. Right after signing up, close the website. You will have your account created.
4. Now back to Fire TV Stick. Go to Settings and open “ Live“.
5. Here, go to “ Sync Sources“.
6. Now add “ TV Sling“.
7. After that go back and open “ Manage channels“.
8. Here, click on “Sling TV” and voila. You will be find all live tv channels offered by the Sling TV in a timeline user interface on your Fire TV Stick. This is how you can also add other apps like Pluto TV, Red Bull TV, etc.
Enjoy Free Live TV Channels on Fire TV Stick
So that was a short guide on how to add and manage free live TV channels on Fire TV Stick. If some apps are not showing up in the source list, I recommend restarting your Fire TV Stick. If some live TV apps are not available in your region, you can learn how to download third-party apps to Fire TV Stick. I think this feature makes Fire TV a better contender for storing Android TV. Anyway, it all comes from us. If you found the article helpful, comment below and let us know.