Seeing your ex’s profile on Tinder or any dating app is never fun and usually doesn’t have a happy ending. Not to mention, it gets even worse if a curious relative or cousin spots your Tinder account. With these concerns in mind, Tinder recently announcement a new feature that allows you to block your contacts on Tinder. In this article, we will see how you can use this feature to block someone from Tinder.
Block Someone on Tinder: A Step-by-Step Guide (2021)
Tinder syncs your contact list so you can choose to block a familiar face on the dating app. However, if you prefer not to share your contacts with Tinder, the company has also provided a way to prevent someone from seeing you on Tinder without importing contacts. We have added the instructions for these two methods in this article. So read on till the end to learn all about blocking someone on Tinder in 2021.
Steps to Block Someone on Tinder
1. Open the Tinder app and switch to the Profile section in the bottom navigation bar. From your profile page, tap the “Settings” icon.
2. Scroll until you see find the option labeled “Block Contacts” and press it to continue.
3. You will now see the option to import your contact list to Tinder. Tap the “Import Contacts” button to sync all your contacts.
4. Next, use the search box or choose the phone numbers of people you’d rather not see on Tinder, and tap the “Block [x] “Contacts” button.
5. You will now see all your blocked contacts in a separate section. If you change your mind, you can tap the Unblock button next to their name.
Block all contacts on Tinder
1. If you want to play it safe, you can choose to block all contacts on Tinder. Tap the vertical three-dot menu in the upper right corner and choose “Select all contacts” from the pop-up window.
2. Tinder will automatically select all of your contacts. All you have to do is press the “Block” button [x] “Contacts” button to block everyone from your contact list on Tinder. Now no one from your contact list will ever meet your profile on the dating app.
Block someone on Tinder without sharing the contact list
If you’re not comfortable allowing Tinder to access your contact list, there’s also an option to manually block people from seeing you on the dating app. Here’s how:
1. When you are on the screen that prompts you to import contacts, press the ‘+’ button from the upper right corner.
2. Here, assign name, phone number, additional phone number and email address of people you’d rather not meet on Tinder and press “Done”. This way, you don’t have to let Tinder access your contact list.
Disconnect contact sync on Tinder
Tinder says it will only retain contact information for blocked contacts when you turn off contact sync. From where, you can turn off contacts synchronization after selecting all the contacts you want to block on the dating app. Here’s how to turn off contact syncing on Tinder:
1. After blocking contacts, tap the vertical three-dot menu in the upper right corner and choose “Disconnect contact list” from the list of options.
2. You will now see a confirmation prompt to save your changes. Tap “Disconnect Contacts” and that’s all. You have stopped syncing contacts on Tinder. As mentioned earlier, this will not affect those you have added to your block list.
Block your ex and swipe right with peace of mind on Tinder
This is how you can block your ex, cousin, co-worker, parents or anyone from your contact list on Tinder. Although Tinder has taken its fair share of time to implement this much-needed feature, we’re glad to finally see it in action. Let’s go to slip without worrying about loved ones and exes! We also suggest you check out our guides on how to block someone on Facebook, pause someone on Facebook, and hide stories on Instagram, Facebook, and other social media networks.