For a long time, Ninite has been a go-to service for many users who want to bulk install Windows 10 apps. And frankly, it works like a charm. That said, there’s a cool new project in town called Winstall which is being developed by Mehedi Hassan and it’s as seamless as Ninite. Winstall takes advantage of the new Winget package manager, recently released by Microsoft. Apart from that, Winstall also offers a cool way to share your favorite Windows 10 apps which is amazing. So, to bulk install Windows 10 apps with Winstall, follow it.
Bulk install Windows 10 apps with Winstall in 2020
As Winstall uses Winget, you must first install the package manager. And for this, your PC must be turned on Windows 10 1709 (build 16299) or later. Below we show you how to install Winget first, then you can bulk install Windows 10 apps using Winstall. So without further ado, let’s get started.
To note: You do not need to be on the Insider version of Windows 10 to use this service. You also don’t need to sign up for Winget Preview.
1. Click it connect and download the latest appxbundle in the Assets section.
2. After that double click on appxbundle and install it. Since I have already installed the service, it asks me to reinstall the service.
3. To check if Winget is installed correctly, open Command Prompt and run winget. If it displays a description of the service, you are good to go.
4. Now that Winget is installed, open winstall.app on your browser and click “+” to add applications of your choice. Go through all the sections such as essential tools, entertainment, etc. to find the best Windows 10 apps.
5. Once you have selected all your applications, click on “ Generate a script in the bottom bar.
6. Now it will offer you a Winget script which will bulk install all apps at once. Click on ” Copy to clipboard“.
7. Open command prompt or new windows terminal and paste the command. Finally, hit enter and Winget will start installing all apps from Microsoft’s repository at once. No need to go through the whole configuration hoopla of each application. It’s pretty cool, right?
8. You can also download batch file from step 6 and run it as an EXE file to install bulk apps.
9. What If You Want recommend your apps to your friends or family then you can also create your custom pack. Select your favorite apps and click “Create a pack” in the bottom bar.
10. Next, create an account and give a name and description to your Pack. After that, click on “Create a pack”.
11. Finally, you can share pack link and everyone can install your favorite apps in one go.
Quickly set up a Windows 10 PC with Winstall
This is how you can bulk install Windows 10 apps and set up a new PC in minutes. As I mentioned above, Ninite is great, but Winstall breaks new ground (competition is good!) that’s frictionless and offers a great option for sharing your favorite apps via bundles. I’m certainly looking forward to seeing how this project takes shape in the future. Anyway, it all comes from us. If you are looking for other Windows 10 tips and tricks, follow our linked guide.