In our comparison between Android TV and Amazon Fire TV Stick, we noted that both devices basically run the Android operating system under the hood. So we expect casting to be as seamless as it is on devices like Chromecast, but that’s not the case. On Amazon Fire TV Stick, things work a bit differently and you have to manually configure the streaming page. And if you are mirroring iPhone to Fire TV Stick, you will need a separate app. So, if you want a detailed guide on how to cast Android or iOS screen to Amazon Fire TV Stick, follow this.
Cast Android or iOS Screen to Amazon Fire TV Stick (2021)
Here we have mentioned the steps for Android and iOS devices. You can browse the dedicated guide by clicking on the link below.
Cast Android Screen to Amazon Fire TV Stick
1. First, make sure your Android smartphone and Fire TV Stick are connected to the same WiFi network. After that, press and hold the “Home” button on the Fire TV remote for a few seconds.
2. A mini window will appear. Here, switch to ” Mirroring and open it.
3. Now you have entered Mirroring mode and Android devices will be able to find the Fire TV Stick in the network.
5. Move to your Android smartphone and pull down the Quick Settings panel and search for “Cast” or “Screen Cast” or “Mirror”. It could be one of those things. Now tap on it and select your Fire TV Stick.
6. If you don’t have a “Cast” tile, open the settings and go to “Bluetooth and device connection“. Here you will find “Cast”. Open it and select your Fire TV Stick.
7. Now your Android screen will be mirrored on the screen. Keep in mind that it relies on WiFi Miracast technology and does not use Chromecast. As a result, the quality won’t be very good and you won’t be able to play content with the screen off. However, screen orientation, audio, and zoom in/out work pretty well.
Mirror iPhone Screen to Amazon Fire TV Stick
Just like the Android method, you will need a WiFi network where your iPhone and Fire TV Stick are connected to a common network. In addition to this, you will need install third-party app on your Fire TV Stick. Here’s how.
1. Press and hold the “Alexa” button on the Fire TV remote and say “AirScreen”. This will take you directly to the AirScreen page. Here, click “Get” to install the app.
2. After installation, open the app and click ” To start up“. No need to configure anything.
3. Now move to your iPhone and open Control Center. Here, press ” screen mirror and it will start scanning for AirPlay compatible devices. Once it has detected your TV, press “AS-AFT…”.
4. Instantly, your iPhone screen will be mirrored to Fire TV Stick. The best part is that the quality of the stream is much better and in my testing there was negligible latency.
Mirror your smartphone to Fire Stick in an easy way
This is how you can mirror your smartphone – Android and iOS – to Amazon Fire TV Stick. While for Android devices the process is quite simple, I would say that even for iPhones the instructions are quite straightforward. In addition to that, the iPhone method will also let you cast Windows, macOS, Chrome OS devices to Fire TV Stick, which is a win.
Anyway, it all comes from us. If you face any issues, let us know in the comments section below. Also, be sure to check out our other articles where we show you how to access the Google Play Store on Fire TV, use Google Drive on Fire TV, and more.