As someone who loves customization for personalized messaging experience, the inability to change WhatsApp background for individual chats on iPhone and Android has always disappointed me to no end. Although the Facebook-owned messaging app offered a simple way to set wallpaper for chats, it wasn’t too keen on providing the ability to embed specific chats — for the best-known reasons. . Luckily, that long wait is over as the latest update has added the ability to set a custom WhatsApp wallpaper for individual chats on iOS and Android. Let me show you how.
Note: Want to know how to automatically change the lock screen wallpaper on Android? Click on the linked article to follow our guide on the same.
Set Custom WhatsApp Wallpaper for Individual Chats on iPhone and Android
Interestingly, WhatsApp offers several ways to personalize personal chats. For example, you can choose to set a bright wallpaper to match your bright backgrounds, select dark backgrounds that can match the system-wide dark mode, choose solid colors for a vibrant look and feel or go with your stunning shots for a more personalized experience.
Before you start with the quick steps, make sure your device has the latest version of WhatsApp. If you haven’t updated the app yet, go to App Store/Google Play Store and then update it as usual.
- To throw WhatsApp on your device.
2. Now, select contact where you want to set a custom wallpaper.
3. Next, press the Name of the contact top center.
4. Then press Wallpaper and sound.
5. Then press Choose a new wallpaper.
6. Now you have four possibilities:
- Shiny: It lets you choose from a large collection of shiny wallpapers.
- Dark: It lets you choose from an amazing collection of wallpapers that can adapt perfectly to dark mode.
- Solid colors: As the name suggests, it lets you choose from a handful of solid color wallpapers.
- Pictures: Select it to set a photo as your individual WhatsApp chat wallpaper.
Select the preferred option to set a beautiful wallpaper for your personal chat. You can tap on a specific wallpaper and then swipe left/right to view more backgrounds. Once you find the right one, press Together to finish.
As the process is the same regardless of the type of wallpaper you select, you can change the individual WhatsApp chat wallpaper without any hassle.
Change WhatsApp Background for Individual Chats on iOS and Android
This is how you can set WhatsApp wallpaper for specific chats on your iOS and Android device. Now that you know how this brand new feature works, take the opportunity to customize your personal chat.
Although there are a number of notable rivals, WhatsApp remains by far the most popular messaging apps across all platforms. My favorite new features of this app include disappearing messages, smart storage management, and reliable fingerprint lock. What’s your favorite WhatsApp feature and what do you think of this latest update?