Almost everyone knows that we can change the display name in our Twitter account. But most of us don’t know that we can also change our Twitter username/Twitter handle. There are several reasons why one would want to change their Twitter handle. Maybe you’re stuck with a bad username you created in your youth, or maybe you want to change it to get a fresh start. Whatever your reason, if you want to change your Twitter username, here’s how.
Change Your Twitter Username in 2020
Our Twitter handles are like our digital address. If you’re tired of people messaging you on Twitter and want a fresh start, attacking your followers and starting with a new username is a great option. This way you don’t need to delete your Twitter account and create a new one.
In this article, I will show you how you can change your Twitter handle using web and mobile applications. For the mobile app, I’m using Twitter for iPhone, but the process is the same on Android, so it shouldn’t matter much. The web app is the same across all browsers and platforms, so we don’t have any issues.
Change Twitter Username Using Web Browser
Before proceeding with the steps, make sure to open twitter and log in with your credentials.
1. First, click on the “More” menu.
2. Click here to open the “Settings and privacy” section.
3. Now go to Account -> Account Information. You may need to re-enter your password to enter it.
4. Here, click Username.
5. Finally, change the username and click “Save” button.
Change Twitter handle using mobile app
It’s also quite easy to load your Twitter username/id using Twitter’s mobile app. Just follow the steps and you’ll be done in no time.
1. First, tap the profile icon at the top, then open “Settings and privacy.
2. Here go to Account -> Username.
3. Now tap on the empty area under New and tap on “Continue”.
4. Finally, enter your new username and tap “Done” to save the changes.
Change your Twitter handle to get a fresh start
This is how you can change your nickname without deleting your Twitter account. The only thing to keep in mind is that your Twitter username cannot exceed 15 letters and can only consist of numbers and letters.
I think the steps are easy to follow. But if you still have any problems, let me know in the comments below and I’ll help you out. By the way, be sure to check out our article on the best Twitter tips and tricks for more like this.