Browsing history on all modern web browsers can be cleared by digging into settings, but did you know you can also clear browsing data on your browser quickly and efficiently using a simple keyboard shortcut? Otherwise, you’ve come to the right place. Because today we are going to show you how to clear browsing history with keyboard shortcuts on Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Opera.
Clear Browsing Data on Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Opera with Simple Keyboard Shortcuts
The method we are going to describe below works on almost all modern web browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera. It also works on many other Chromium-based and Firefox-derived browsers. So, without further ado, let’s see how you can clear your browser’s browsing history with a simple keyboard shortcut.
To note: We’re using Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox on Windows 10 for today’s demo, but you can also clear browsing history from all major browsers with keyboard shortcuts on Linux, Mac, and Chromebooks by following our guide below. below.
1. First open the browser from which you want to delete your browsing history. You will now need to use a three key shortcut depending on your device. The shortcut, however, will be the same for all major browsers.
- Windows and Linux: Simultaneously press Ctrl+Shift+Delete.
- Mac: Press Command+Shift+Delete (the The backspace key is labeled “Delete” on Mac and deletes characters to the left of the cursor).
- Chromebooks: Press Ctrl+Shift+Backspace.
2. On Chrome, you will see a pop-up window like the one below. You can select what you want to delete by ticking the appropriate boxes and the delay in the drop-down menu. Finally, click/tap the “Clear Data” button at the bottom.
On Firefox, you will get a pop-up window that looks like the one below. As with Chrome, you will also be able to choose what to delete and for what period.
The process is almost identical on all platforms, although the pop-ups may look a bit different. In any case, you will be given the option to select the items to be deleted and will have to click/tap on “Clear data” or a similar button.
Clear browsing history using keyboard shortcuts on your computer
So now you know how to use simple keyboard shortcuts to clear browsing history for just about any browser on any platform. Do you know an easier way to clear web browsing data? Let us know in the comments below.