Although you can cast Windows 10 to an Android TV, can you do it the other way around? A scenario where your entire Android TV screen is mirrored to your Windows 10 PC, and you can navigate and control the UI. Well, we dug around and found a nifty way to control Android TV from Windows 10 PC. You can open any app on Android TV, search videos directly from your PC, access Play Store and more. Moreover. So, without further ado, let’s see how to control Android TV from your PC.
Control Android TV from a Windows 10 (2021) PC
Before you begin, make sure you have home WiFi routerwhich your Windows 10 PC and Android TV are connected to. It lets you control Android TV wirelessly from anywhere on the home network. Now that that’s been settled, let’s move on to the guide.
1. First of all, enable developer options, then USB debugging on your Android TV. To do this, open Settings -> Device Preferences -> About and scroll down to the “Build” option. Now click on “Build” option 7-8 times continuously. This will enable developer options on your Android TV.
2. Next, go back to Device Preferences and scroll down. Find “Developer options” and open it. Here, scroll down and enable the toggle next to usb debugging.
3. Once you have done that, open Settings again and go to Network & Internet -> [Your WiFi network] and click on it. Right here, write down your IP address. You will need it later.
4. Now switch to your Windows 10 PC and download scrcpy tool from the link here. It is an open source tool that allows you to view and control any Android device via ADB connection (both wired and wireless). Once downloaded, extract the zip file to a folder. The best part of scrcpy is that it comes with all ADB files, so you don’t need to configure ADB platform tools separately.
5. Next, open the folder and type cmd in the folder address bar at the top, and press Enter. It will directly open a Command Prompt window in that folder.
6. Now run the ADB command to wirelessly connect to Android TV. Enteradb connect ipaddressand press enter. Make sure you replace IP address with the actual IP address you wrote down above in step 3. As I said above, for this to work your Android TV and your Windows 10 PC must be connected to a common WiFi network .
7. You will then get a message “Allow USB debugging?” invites on your Android TV. Check the box “Always allow” then click the “OK” button. By the way, if you get this dialog out of the blue, especially when you haven’t triggered any commands, then ‘Cancel’ immediately. This permission allows virtually anyone connected to the home network to control your TV.
8. If all goes well, the command prompt will show ‘connected to ipaddress’ responnse. Finally, run the adb-devicesto confirm if your computer is successfully connected to your Android TV.
To note: If the TV is not connected, perform step 6 again, and this time the TV will surely be connected.
9. Finally, enter scrcpy in the command prompt and press Enter. Within seconds, your entire Android TV screen will appear on your Windows 10 PC. It’s amazing, right?
10. Now you can do all kinds of operations on Android TV directly from your Windows 10 PC. Single click to open anything, right-click once to go back (you can also press the Esc key on the keyboard), scroll vertically using the mouse, enter search fields from the keyboard, and much more. You have all the controls of Android TV right on your Windows 10 PC.
Use Android TV from your PC over Wi-Fi
This is how you can control and navigate your Android TV from your Windows 10 PC without stepping away from your desk. I love this feature and rely on it whenever I need to open an app or play music in the background. Once you have everything configured, you need to run the adb connect and scrcpy commands to reestablish the connection. You can control your Android TV from your Windows PC anytime.
Anyway, it all comes from us. If you want to learn more about these cool features, check out our article on the best Android TV tips and tricks. And if you face any issues, let us know in the comments section below. We will surely try to help you.