Personalization is what you need to fine-tune your iPhone to your tastes. While that might not be a big deal for some, those with a penchant for customization really want it. That’s why they never fail to jailbreak their iPhone to access exciting custom features using crazy tweaks. If you had been part of this folklore as well, you would be happy to know that you can now create custom home screen widgets in iOS 14 on your iPhone. And that too without having to bother to jailbreak your device.
Create Custom Home Screen Widgets in iOS 14
So how do you create custom iOS 14 home screen widgets on your iPhone? For now, Apple doesn’t offer much customization for its stock widgets. However, I expect them to improve over time and open the door to customization.
But don’t worry, that’s where third-party widget apps come in. You can use them to create awesome home screen widgets for your iOS device.
- Best Third-Party Home Screen Widgets for iPhone and iPad
- Create Custom Home Screen Widgets Using Widgetsmith on iPhone and iPad
- Add Third-Party Widgets to Your iOS 14 Device Home Screen
Best Third-Party Home Screen Widgets for iPhone and iPad
Right now, there aren’t too many apps that let you create custom home screen widgets, but the number is growing fast. Of a handful of options in the App Store, these are the ones that caught my eye.
- Widgetsmith(To free, in-app purchases available)
- Color Widgets (To free, in-app purchases available)
- Widget Wizard ($1.99)
They are all quite easy to use and offer plenty of home screen widgets that you can customize to your liking. So download one of these apps to get started.
In this guide, I’m going to try out Widgetsmith. It should be noted that the process of creating custom widgets is quite similar in these apps. So, you won’t face any obstacles while creating some of the coolest ones for your device.
Create Custom Home Screen Widgets Using Widgetsmith on iPhone and iPad
- To throw widgetsmith on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Now, select widget that you want to customize.
3. Next, select from a ton of tools to customize your widget. For example, you can use location, callback, and even image to make your widget stand out. Once you’ve customized your widget, tap the back button in the upper left corner of the screen.
4. Then press To safeguard in the upper right corner of the screen.
Add Third-Party Widgets to Your iOS 14 Device Home Screen
- Touch and hold the blank screen on your device, then tap the “+” button in the upper left corner of the screen.
2. In the widget library, scroll down to find widgetsmith then select it.
3. Now select the preferred widget size then press Add widget button.
That’s all we can say about it! Your custom widget will appear on the home screen.
Create Beautiful Custom Home Screen Widgets in iOS 14
This is how you can create nice custom widgets for your home screen. While Apple may be a bit late in the home screen widget party, the tech giant has shown a lot of intention in opening the door to customization.
Like I said, it might not rank at the top for everyone, but it’s something many would be happy to have. As we are talking about iOS 14, be sure to check out other equally great articles to create unique app icons to give a custom aesthetic to the iOS 14 home screen, sort images and videos in the Photos app, create shortcut folders, use sleep tracking, and more.