One of the best features of Windows 10 is the customizable task switcher. After the recent Windows update, the task switcher shows a live preview of windows and large thumbnails for you to navigate easily. However, this new behavior has upset many old-school Windows users who want a simple task switcher without fancy animations. Additionally, the new update changed the way Microsoft Edge tabs appear in the task switcher. So if you want to restore the old configuration and further customize the Alt+Tab behavior in Windows 10, follow our simple guide.
Customize Alt+Tab behavior in Windows 10
Here we have mentioned two ways to customize Alt+Tab behavior on Windows 10. You can choose to go back to simple task switcher and also allow Edge tabs to appear while browsing multiple apps. You can click on the link below and easily access the corresponding guide.
Revert to Old Alt+Tab Behavior in Windows 10
1. First, press Win + R to open the Run window. Now type regedit in the dialog box and press Enter to open Registry Editor.
2. Next, copy the path below and paste it into the address bar and press Enter. You will go directly to the Explorer folder.
3. Now right-click on the blank pane under “Explorer” and choose ” DWORD (32-bit) value“.
4. Here, rename the value name to AltTabSettings and press Enter.
5. Now double click on AltTabSettings and change the data value to 1. Finally, click “OK”.
6. Now, restart your computer and you should get the old Alt+Tab behavior back on Windows 10. In case you want the modern task switcher back, just change the value data to 0 and restart your computer. That’s it.
Show Microsoft Edge Tabs in Task Switcher Alt+Tab
After the recent Windows 10 update, users reported that browser tabs were not showing in the task switcher when browsing the Alt+Tab shortcut. If you encounter this problem, here’s how to restore the Al+Tab behavior.
1. Search for “ Settings in the Start menu and open it.
2. Now navigate to System -> Multitasking. Here, in the “Alt + Tab” section, choose “Open Windows and all tabs in Edge”.
3. Now you will find your individual Microsoft Edge tabs in task switcher while browsing Alt+Tab shortcut in Windows 10.
Customize Task Switcher in Windows 10
This is how you can customize the default Alt+Tab behavior on Windows 10. Over the past few years, the task switcher has undergone a lot of improvements. Some liked it, while others still prefer the old way of browsing apps. Anyway, it all comes from us. If you want to learn more about these Windows 10 tips and tricks, check out our linked article.