With Apple Watch, it’s pretty simple to keep track of and respond to messages and emails. Especially when I’m on the go and don’t have much time for detailed answers, I choose from a handful of default answers to answer. Interestingly, watchOS also provides the ability to customize default email/message replies on Apple Watch so you can record your feedback immediately. Let me show you how it works!
Change Default Message/Email Replies on Apple Watch
Whenever a new email or message arrives, Apple Watch displays a selection of options for you to respond quickly. For example, you can choose to reply using fun emojis, doodles, voice dictation, or reply with the preset replies without having to dig into your iPhone.
That said, how do you edit the default message or email replies on watchOS? Well, you have to use the Watch app for iPhone to add a new answer or refine the existing ones.
1. Launch Watch app on your iPhone.
2. Now make sure My watch the tab is selected.
3. Next, scroll down and choose Mail/Messages. The process for mail and message responses is the same. So, you can choose the preferred option according to your needs. In this guide, I’m going to select Mail.
4. Then choose Default responses.
5. Then press Add an answer.
- You can also edit Mail or Message replies that already exist on your Apple Watch.
- Just tap Edit in the top right corner of the screen. Then type the new response like “I’ll call you later”. Once you’ve typed in the new answer, be sure to tap Done to finish.
6. Now use the on-screen keyboard to type in the custom response.
7. At the end, be sure to press Do to confirm the changes.
Fine-tune email messages/replies on watchOS with ease
It is more or less that ! This is how you can add new replies to emails/messages or edit existing ones on your Apple Watch. Now that you know how it works, add a variety of responses so you can use them to respond quickly.
While we’re talking about watchOS, I’d like to draw your attention to some of the equally useful articles, such as how to use battery health on Apple Watch, how to use handwashing detection, and how to set up sleep tracking. Be sure to check them out if you haven’t unlocked these features yet.