Just as launchers define an Android smartphone, watch faces are the soul of Wear OS smartwatches. It not only gives a distinct look to your watch but also allows you to perform multiple operations from a single screen. In tandem, more than anything, you need to choose the right watch face and further customize it to get more features on the home screen. So, if you want to learn how to customize the watch face on Wear OS, follow our simple tutorial below.
Customize watch face on Wear OS (2021)
1. Press and hold the current watch face (the home screen), and you will be taken to the watch face menu. You can also open Settings -> Display -> Change watch face to find the watch face menu.
2. Here you can swipe left and right to explore all the watch faces available on your Wear OS watch. You can simply tap on any of the watch faces and it will become your default face.
3. However, if you want to get the most out of a watch face, look for a watch face that has a gear wheel icon below. It will allow you to further customize the watch face on Wear OS. Tap it to open the customization options.
4. As you can see, here I can press circular widgets and set everything i want in the widget menu. For example, I set one-click shortcut for contact, dialer, Google Keep, and Google Assistant. You can tap each widget and change the shortcut easily. Besides that, you can swipe left and right to find more color options.
5. For your information, you will find shortcuts for applications under General -> Application Shortcut in the widget menu. As for the Google Assistant, you need to select “Search” from the widget menu. You can also delete a widget by pressing “Empty”.
6. If you want to test how the watch the face of the face in ambient mode then go ahead and enable “Always-on screen” in Settings -> Display.
7. In case you are looking for more customization options then I would recommend getting the best watch faces for Wear OS from our curated list. After that, you can follow similar steps above to customize watch faces.
Add widgets and shortcut to customize watch face on Wear OS
This is how you can quickly customize the watch face on Wear OS. I suggest you don’t turn on the Always-on display if the battery life is already bad on your watch. Other than that, if the weather widget is showing information from an incorrect location on Wear OS, you can follow our linked guide to fix it. Anyway, it all comes from us. If you face any problem, comment below and let us know. We will surely try to help you.