Like most other online social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Reddit and others, Clubhouse also gives you the option to deactivate or delete your account, both on your iPhone and Android device. You can also disconnect your social media profiles from Clubhouse. Corporate (or paid) account holders can also remove their organization or a specific workplace from Clubhouse, but that’s beyond the scope of this article.
Delete Clubhouse Account on Android and iOS (2021)
We will show you how to delete or deactivate your Clubhouse account on Android and iOS in the article. We will detail the steps required to permanently delete your Clubhouse account and all data associated with the audio-based social platform. Plus, if you want to learn how to disconnect social media profiles and delete contacts from Clubhouse, we’ve covered that basic as well. So without further ado, let’s go.
Steps to Permanently Deactivate Clubhouse Account
The process to delete your clubhouse account on Android and iOS is the same. We will demonstrate the steps to remove or disable on an Android device. So, just follow the steps below:
- Open the Clubhouse app and tap your profile avatar top right. Then, tap the gear icon in the upper right corner of the next page to open the Settings menu.
- On the Settings page, tap ” Account“. Then select ” Disable Account” to start the removal process.
- You will now see the standard Clubhouse disclaimer regarding account deactivation and what it means for your account. We suggest you read it before pressing the ” I understand. Disable Account” at the bottom to confirm your action.
How to Delete Clubhouse Account on Android and iPhone
Once you deactivate your Clubhouse account, it is completely hidden in the app. The company says you can log back in within 30 days to restore or reactivate it. If you choose to do so, your account will return to normal and become visible to others on the app. If you do not log back in within 30 days, Clubhouse will permanently delete your account.
How to delete clubhouse data
Although the process explained above prevents your access to the account, Clubhouse will continue to retain your data. Indeed, while other social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok allow users to delete account data from app settings or websites, Clubhouse has no such provision.
As of June 2021, the only way to permanently delete your data is to request Clubhouse assistance for a complete removal manually.
How to Check Email Id in Clubhouse (Android, iOS)
Before requesting deletion of your account, be sure to verify your email address. Clubhouse will only delete an account if it has a verified email address. Here’s how to verify your email ID in Clubhouse:
- Open the Clubhouse app and tap your profile avatar in the upper right corner. If you haven’t verified your email id yet, you’ll see a ” @” (with a red dot) at the top. Tap on it to start the verification process.
- Now enter your email id in the pop-up dialog and tap on “ To verify“. You will now receive an email with a verification link. Tap on ” Okay” to close the pop-up window.
Check your inbox and click on the verification link to verify your email id. You can now submit an account deletion request to Clubhouse Support using the link above.
How to Delete Social Media Profiles from Clubhouse Account
You don’t need to delete your Clubhouse account if you just want to unlink your social media profiles from the app. You can remove your social media profiles from your Clubhouse account by following the instructions below.
If you have linked your social media profiles with Clubhouse, choose ” Disconnect Twitter ” or ” Disconnect Instagram” by going to Settings -> Account -> Disconnect Twitter/Instagram.
Easily delete Clubhouse account on your iPhone or Android device!
Until a few weeks ago, you had to email Clubhouse to delete or deactivate your account. However, the company has simplified the process considerably with a recent update, and now you have the option to do so from the settings. So go ahead, deactivate or delete your Clubhouse account and tell us exactly what you didn’t like about the app. While you’re at it, go ahead and check out other popular Clubhouse alternatives or learn how to use Twitter Spaces to better engage with your followers.