Just about on schedule, Apple rolled out the highly anticipated public beta of iOS 15 to give more users a chance to try out new features in the next-gen iOS update. If you are one of them, this handy guide is especially for you. But before trying to download and install the iOS 15 public beta on your iPhone, there are a few things to keep in mind. On that note, let me get you started with installing the iOS 15 public beta on your device.
Download and Install iOS 15 (2021) Public Beta
Now for those wondering, how do you get the iOS public beta? Apple offers reliable beta software for enthusiasts and tech enthusiasts to try pre-release versions of iOS 15. If you don’t know, iOS 15 comes with a myriad of exciting new features including Focus Mode, the ability to make FaceTime calls to Android, watch movies with friends on FaceTime, and more. Carefully follow the instructions below to try out these iOS 15 features.
To note: Keep in mind that most beta versions of software are buggy and have a number of issues, so you should be prepared to deal with them. This is the reason why it is better to install the beta software on a secondary device or go ahead with securing the data beforehand.
Back up your iPhone to protect your data
To start, make sure to back up all your data. This is done to ensure that your precious data will remain safe even if something goes wrong in the iOS 15 installation process. And if you ever decide to downgrade iOS 15 on your iPhone or iPad and go back to iOS 14, the backup will be very useful to you.
1. Apple has simplified backing up your iOS device. If you want to back up your data to iCloud, go to Settings app -> your avatar -> iCloud -> iCloud Backup.
2. Next, activate the “ iCloud Backup » switch then press the « Back up now ” button. Then have a cup of coffee and wait patiently for all your data to be backed up. How long it will take for iCloud to back up your device depends entirely on how much data you have on your device and your internet speed.
There is also an option to take a local backup of your device to a computer (Mac or Windows). Keep in mind that if your Mac is running macOS Catalina or later, you’ll need to use Finder to back up your iOS device. And if your Mac is running macOS Mojave or earlier, you’ll need to back up your device using iTunes. A Windows PC will allow you to backup your iOS device using iTunes.
To back up your device, connect iPhone to your computer using a Lightning cable and open iTunes or Finder. After that, select your device. If you want to back up your saved passwords, call history, and health data, be sure to encrypt the local backup. Then click on ” Back up now“.
Download the iOS 15 public beta profile on your iPhone
Once you’ve backed up your data, register your iPhone for the iOS 15 public beta and install the beta profile. Remember that you can also follow the steps detailed below to install the iPadOS 15 public beta on your iPad. Without further ado, let’s dive in.
1. Open Safari on your iPhone or iPad and go to beta.apple.com.
2. Now press the “ Login and use your Apple ID and password to sign in.
To note: If you have never participated in the iOS public beta program before, you will need to register your account first. To do this, click on the ” Register and enter your Apple ID and password to continue.
3. After that proceed to the iOS/iPadOS section depending on your device.
4. Next, scroll down and tap the “ enroll your iOS device» option located under the «To start » section.
4. Now scroll even further and tap on “ Download profile“.
5. Then a pop-up window will appear saying, “This website is trying to download a configuration profile. Do you want to allow this? » Faucet ” To allow in the pop-up window to continue. After that, you can get a confirmation saying: “ Profile uploaded. Consult the profile in [the] Settings app if you want to install it. Tap on ” Close ” to finish.
Install iOS 15 Public Beta Profile on iPhone
After downloading the iOS 15 public beta profile, it’s time to install it on the device.
1. Run it Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Now press the “ Profile uploaded” under your name.
3. Then press ” To install in the upper right corner. You will need to press ” To install” to confirm the installation of the beta profile.
4. Next, you will need to restart your iPhone. Faucet ” Restart” in the pop-up window to continue.
Download and Install iOS 15 Public Beta on iPhone
Once you have successfully downloaded and installed the beta profile on your device, you can go ahead and install iOS 15 like any other software update. Just make sure your device has around 50% battery backup and is connected to a stable Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Now choose General.
3. Then press ” Software update“. After that, you will see that the iOS 15 public beta update is already waiting for you. Now press the ” Download and install ” button.
As you can see in the screenshot above, the iOS 15 public beta download size is around 5.5GB on iPhone. And if you are wondering, how long does it take to install iOS 15? Well, iOS 15 usually takes 20-45 minutes to download and install. So, be sure to be patient with her.
It’s time to explore the features of iOS 15 at your leisure!
This is how you can download and install the iOS 15 public beta right now. As I said above, beta versions of software come with a ton of bugs and unexpected issues. So, you should only continue after saving your data. Now that you have the brand new iOS 15 update, explore the software at your leisure and share your thoughts on your favorite feature in the comments below.
Additionally, we’ve dug into iOS 15 since its initial release and covered several notable features including Apple Digital Legacy, Safari Extensions, Live Text, and the ability to drag and drop files between apps in iOS 15. in the smallest details. Start your iOS 15 journey with these most talked about features.