One of the best features of Android TV is the new Data Saver mode which allows you to watch 3x more content with the same amount of data. The feature was released with Android 9 update on many Android TVs. However, even if you are not on this version, you can get this feature on your TV with a simple app installation. This will greatly help users who have a limited WiFi data plan or those who pair a mobile hotspot to watch content on TV. So, to enable Data Saver mode on any Android TV, follow our simple guide below.
Enable Data Saver Mode on Any Android TV
1. For Android TVs running Android 9 or later, you can easily enable Data saver mode from the Settings page. just open Settings -> Network and Internet.
2. Here you will find “Data saver » just below your WiFi network. Open it.
3. From here you can enable Data saver mode on your Android TV and also set data alerts. You will receive a toast notification when data usage reaches the set limit.
4. If your Android TV doesn’t have built-in data saver mode, you can install it as an app. Google recently introduced the feature through an app called Android TV Data Saver (To free). It can be installed on TVs running Android 8 and later. Just open the Play Store on your Android TV and search for this app.
To note: If the app is not available on the Play Store, you can download and install it from APKMirror (To free). Learn how to sideload apps on Android TV.
5. After installing the app, you find data saver mode under the same Settings page. Go to Settings -> Network & Internet -> Data saver. Now go ahead and save data while streaming content to your Android TV.
Activate data saver mode and consume more with less data
This is how you can enable Data saver mode on Android TV with a simple toggle. Since Android TV updates are slow in coming and largely dependent on device manufacturers, Google has taken on the task of decoupling this essential feature into one app. Even if you’re not on the latest version of Android, the app should work fine. Anyway, it all comes from us. You can learn more tips like fixing Android TV WiFi issues, remapping Android TV remote, installing Google Duo on Android TV, and more by following our linked guides.