Microsoft Teams is slowly getting new features and becoming a powerful alternative to Zoom and Google Meet. A while back Microsoft introduced Together mode on Teams to make everyone feel in the office and now they’ve brought another essential feature: AI-based background noise suppression. You can now turn on noise cancellation on Microsoft Teams to dramatically suppress background noise in real time. If you don’t want to be distracted during a meeting or a call, turning on noise cancellation on Microsoft Teams is a must. So without further ado, let’s go through the steps.
Enable Noise Cancellation on Microsoft Teams
Before moving forward, keep in mind that noise cancellation on Microsoft Teams is currently only available on Windows app and it is slowly rolling out to all users. If you don’t have the feature, keep patience and wait for a new update. The best part is that the feature is available for everyone – both paid and free users, so that’s great. With that out of the way, let’s get started.
1. To enable noise cancellation on Microsoft Teams, open your profile located in the upper right corner and click on “Settings”.
2. In the left pane, navigate to ” Devicesand search for “Noise cancellation”.
3. Finally, choose “Auto” to automatically remove noise around you while you are in a meeting. If you have too much ambient noise, choose “High” but note that this will consume more resources on your PC. Similarly, you can reduce the noise canceling level by choosing “Low”.
To note: Noise cancellation will not be available if the call is being recorded or if live captioning is enabled.
4. Once you’ve done that, go ahead and make a call on Microsoft Teams. You’ll find Microsoft’s AI doing its magic and removing the noise around you.
5. You can also enable and manage noise cancellation levels on Microsoft Teams during a call. Click on the 3-dot menu in the upper right corner and select “Device Settings”.
6. Here, search for “Noise Cancellation” and change noise canceling level in the drop-down menu.
7. If you want turn off noise cancellation on Microsoft Teams, then simply open your profile -> Settings -> Devices -> Noise Cancellation -> Choose “Off” from the drop-down menu.
Enable Noise Cancellation During Calls on Microsoft Teams
This is how you can enable and use noise cancellation in calls on Microsoft Teams. If you live in a noisy environment, it is better to enable this feature. I tested noise cancellation on MS Teams and it worked pretty well. The hissing was gone, as were the loud noises. Anyway, it all comes from us. If you want to change your background in Microsoft Teams, see our linked article. And if you face any problem, comment below and let us know.