Besides Android and Linux support, Chrome OS is slowly getting desktop-level features, which is pretty exciting. Recently, clipboard history was added to Chrome OS; Nearby Sharing has also made its debut, and native screen recording has now arrived on Chromebooks. Not to mention, a new Trash folder has been added to the native Files app on Chrome OS. So, if you want to enable Recycle Bin (Recycle Bin) on Chrome OS, follow our simple guide below.
Enable Recycle Bin (Recycle Bin) on Chrome OS (2021)
Before you begin, make sure you’re using Chrome OS 89 before proceeding with the steps. The Recycle Bin function is already available on the Chrome OS 89 Stable Channel so you don’t need to upgrade to the Beta or Dev channel.. With all that said, let’s get started.
1. Open Chrome and type chrome://flags in the address bar and press Enter.
2. Once you are on the Chrome Flags page, search for “ waste“. Now just click on the drop-down menu and choose “Enabled”.
3. Then a “Restart” pop-up window will appear in the lower right corner. Click on it to make changes. Keep in mind that this will restart chrome os so save all your work before pressing the button.
4. After restarting, the Recycle Bin (Trash) appears on Chrome OS in the Files app. If you delete an item, it will go straight to the trash. And from there, you can permanently delete or restore the files.
5. If you don’t want Recycle Bin (Trash) on Chrome OS, just choose ” Disabled”From the Chrome Flags page and restart your Chromebook. That’s it.
Restore Deleted Files on Chrome OS from Recycle Bin
This is how you can enable the Recycle Bin (Recycle Bin) on a Chromebook and use it to restore files you accidentally deleted. While I love that Chrome OS finally has a Trash feature, there’s no shortcut to emptying the Trash. I hope that in future versions things will improve in several ways. Anyway, it all comes from us. If you want to learn similar Chrome OS tips and tricks, head over to our related guide. And if you have any questions, let us know in the comments section below.