Forgetting your Wi-Fi passwords can be a real pain. Unfortunately for me, this happens more often than I care to admit. However, forgetting your Wi-Fi password shouldn’t be a big deal. Indeed, there’s an easy way to find out your current Wi-Fi password in Windows 10. You can even view saved Wi-Fi passwords for other networks you’ve connected to in the past. . So if you can’t remember your password, don’t worry because here’s how to find saved Wi-Fi passwords in Windows 10.
Easily Find Wi-Fi Password in Windows 10
In this article, we are going to show you two methods to find your Wi-Fi password in Windows 10. The first one will use the network settings in your Windows 10 PC, while the latter will require Command Prompt. Both methods work for private networks, public Wi-Fi, and mobile hotspots. So, without further ado, let’s see how you can see all saved Wi-Fi passwords on your Windows 10 computer.
Find Wi-Fi Password Using Network Settings
Using network settings, you can view the Wi-Fi password of the network you are currently connected to. Here’s how:
1. Begin by searching for “control panel” in the Windows search bar. Open the control panel and click on ‘Network and Sharing Center“.
To note: If you cannot find the “Network and Sharing Center”, it may be because you are using the “Category” view in the control panel. Change it to “Small icons” using the “View by” drop-down menu in the upper right corner or go to “Network & Internet -> View network status and tasks” in the category view.
2. Now click on ‘Change adaptation settings‘ in the left sidebar.
3. Next, double-click the target Wi-Fi adapter to open the Wi-Fi Status window for this connection.
4. In the Wi-Fi status window, click the ‘ buttonWireless Properties‘ button. On the next page, go to the ‘Security‘tab.
5. Finally, click on the button ‘Show characters‘ to see the Wi-Fi password (i.e. network security key) for your current network.
Find Wi-Fi Password Using Command Prompt
Using the command line interface, you can not only find the password of your active Wi-Fi network, but also all saved networks on your Windows 10 PC. Here is how to do it:
1. First, open Command Prompt in Admin mode on your Windows 10 computer. To do this, search for “cmd” in the search bar and click on “Run as administrator”.
2. Now type netsh wlan show profile and press Enter. This command will display a list of all the networks whose passwords are saved on your PC.
3. Now select the Wi-Fi network whose password you want to see. Then type the following command and press Enter: netsh wlan show profile name=”xyz” key=clear. You can see the saved password under “Key Content”. Replace “xyz” with the name of the Wi-Fi network whose password you are trying to find.
Never worry about forgetting your Wi-Fi network passwords again
Hope the above tutorial will help you to find your long forgotten Wi-Fi passwords on your Windows 10 computer. Now that you have recovered your Wi-Fi password, learn how to share Wi-Fi password using QR codes or troubleshoot network connection issues in Windows 10. Staying with Wi-Fi, learn more about the Wi-Fi 6E standard and the best Wi-Fi 6/6E routers you can buy right now now. Finally, check out some of our other Windows 10 tutorials, including how to manually create a system restore point and how to remove all ads from Windows 10.