With the Pixel lineup, Google introduces a lot of cool features like Google Recorder, improved Google Camera, new Google Assistant, Hold for Me, and more. The company wants to make the Pixel series an exclusive line of Android smartphones, with unique features you won’t find on any other device. However, since most of Google’s improvements come from its software prowess, it’s somehow ported to other devices and Google doesn’t like it.
So the search giant is now blocking the installation of some Google apps on other Android 11 devices and showing a “Verification failed” error. If you also get errors like “The new package could not be installed because the verification failed”, here is what you should do.
Fix verification failed error on Android 11 (2021)
In this method, we will reinstall Google Play Services to fix the verification failed error. However, due to the reinstallation, you may need to add your Google backup account again and you may experience battery drain in the first few hours. With that said, let’s get down to the steps now.
1. First of all, install Play Services Info app (To free) on your Android smartphone. We use this app because you cannot access Google Play Services from the Play Store.
2. Next, open it and tap “ Application Information“. This will take you to the Google Play Services page.
3. Here, tap on the 3-dot menu at the top right corner and select “ Uninstall updates“. It will give you a warning that it will replace Google Play Services with the factory version. No need to worry, just press “OK”.
4. Now open the Play Services Info app again and this time tap on “ Play store“. This will take you to the Google Play Services Play Store page.
5. Now just update app then restart your device.
6. Finally, install any google app and this time you should not get “verification failed” error on your Android 11 device.
7. If the above method did not work for you, then there is a root method it will also require you to have Xposed Module. Just follow Alessandro Paluzzi’s guide and you’ll be set. From now on, you will no longer get errors such as “The new package could not be installed because verification failed” or “INSTALL_FAILED_VERIFICATION_FAILURE”.
#Google seems to block sideloading of some app updates on # Android11, like Google Camera v8.0+, but this blocking can be bypassed with my #Xposed/#magisk module 😏 you can download it here 👇🏻https://t.co/yjmkcNoctl https://t.co/yhAC1DnQ9Q
— Alessandro Paluzzi (@alex193a) February 10, 2021
Overcome Verification Failed Error and Install Google Camera on Android 11
This is how you can fix verification failed error on Android 11. I tried to install Google Camera on my OnePlus 7T running Android 11 OB2, and it succeeded, but when I tried to install Google Camera on my OnePlus 7T running Android 11 OB2, ‘install Google Recorder, the same error occurred: “The new package could not be installed because verification failed”. However, after reinstalling Google Play Services, it worked for me.
So don’t hesitate any longer and try this method on your Android 11 smartphone. Anyway, this is all from us. If you want to learn more about all the new features in Android 11, check out our linked article. And if you face any issues, let us know in the comments section below.