WhatsApp is certainly a great messaging app that supports end-to-end encryption, but it also takes up a lot of storage due to unwanted media files. Not only known contacts, you also get a boatload of images and videos from unknown contacts, especially during holiday seasons. WhatsApp becomes cluttered with repeated forwarding messages and so on. So, if you are looking for a clever way to free up WhatsApp storage on your smartphone, you have come to the right place. Here we show you how to free up WhatsApp space on your smartphone using the native storage management tool.
Free up WhatsApp storage on your smartphone
Here we have mainly highlighted the steps to free up WhatsApp storage on Android devices. If you are looking for a dedicated guide to free up WhatsApp space on iOS devices, follow our linked tutorial. Other than that, the method we use is available on the stable version of WhatsApp, so no need to upgrade to the beta channel. With that out of the way, let’s get started.
1. Open WhatsApp and tap on the 3-dot menu located at the top right corner. Here, open “Settings” then go to “ Storage and data“.
2. Here, open “ Manage storage space and you will find complete details about your WhatsApp storage. Tap “Forwarded multiple times” to find all repeated images and videos sent to you.
3. Now, press and hold to select media files that you want to delete. To delete all forwarded items at once, tap “Select All” and press the “Delete” button. You have finished.
4. Next, press the “ More than 5 MB” and examine the files and delete them accordingly. All files will be sorted in order of largest size.
5. If you want to free WhatsApp storage from one particular cat then scroll down and select a contact. From here, you can also review, select, and bulk delete items with a single click. That’s a nifty way to clean up WhatsApp storage, isn’t it?
Reduce WhatsApp space on your smartphone
This is how you can easily free up WhatsApp storage on your smartphone. We all know how cluttered WhatsApp is with unwanted media files that take up huge amount of storage. This is especially a problem on smartphones with little storage.
So go ahead and delete all meaningless files stored as WhatsApp storage on your smartphone. Either way, that’s all about us. If you want to know more about these WhatsApp tricks, follow our linked article.