With so many music streaming services in the city, it has become difficult to keep track of all your recorded music. Personally, I use both Spotify and YouTube Music and it’s getting hard to find that newly discovered song. If you are also facing similar situations, you have come to the right place. Here I will show you how to sync YouTube Music and Spotify playlist. This way, your music library will be available on different platforms and you won’t miss a thing no matter what service you use. So, if you are interested, follow and learn how to sync YouTube Music and Spotify Playlist.
Sync YouTube Music and Spotify Playlists
1. We are going to use IFTTT to keep YouTube Music and Spotify Playlist in sync. So go ahead and install IFTTT (android / iOS — Free, offers in-app purchases). You can also access almost all of IFTTT’s services from its Internet portal.
2. Next, open IFTTT and create a new account if you don’t have one. After that press “ To explore and search for “YouTube”. Now open “YouTube”.
3. Here, scroll down and open “ Add songs from videos you like a Spotify playlist” and press “Connect”.
4. Now IFTTT will ask you to provide permission to manage your YouTube Music playlist. Enter the credentials and press ” To allow“. This is a one-time process.
5. Similarly, he will ask Spotify Permission. Enter your Spotify credentials and tap “Accept”. Again, this is a one-time process.
To note: Later, if you want to revoke the authorization, open this page and remove access to Spotify.
6. Now IFTTT is ready to perform actions. Whenever you like a song on YouTube Music or YouTube, IFTTT will search for that song on Spotify and automatically add it to the dedicated “YouTube” playlist on Spotify in the background. No need to do anything manually.
7. Keep in mind that if the song is not available on Spotify, it will not be added. Also, the synchronization process is not instantaneous. IFTTT performs the action once every hour so the liked music video will be added in about an hour.
8. If you want IFTTT sync immediately then you will have to do it manually. Open the IFTTT stock and tap the “cog wheel” icon. Here, tap on “Check now” to run the synchronization process then and there. This way, your YouTube music will always sync with your Spotify playlist.
Transfer Existing Playlists from YouTube Music to Spotify
The above method allows you to create a background service that automatically syncs your YouTube music to Spotify. Note that it will be only apply to newly liked songs not your existing library. So, if you want to transfer your existing library of songs you love from YouTube Music to Spotify, here’s how to do it.
There are several services that offer music transfer from one platform to another, but here I am will use the Tune My Music service. It doesn’t ask for too many permissions and does the job through playlist URLs. Soundiiz is fine too but you will need to create an account and also authorize the service to fully manage your YouTube account which I wouldn’t really recommend. That said, let’s go through the steps.
1. Before anything else, you must first make your YouTube Music playlists public or unlisted (anyone with the link can access it). Click on this link at change privacy settings from your playlists. Now click on the “Padlock” icon of the playlist you want to transfer to Spotify.
3. On the next page, choose “Not Listed” because it is more respectful of privacy. After that, copy the playlist URL from the address bar.
4. This done, open Tune My Music website and click on ” let’s start“.
5. Then choose “ youtube music“.
6. Here, paste playlist url and click “Load Playlist”. Note that this way you can transfer individual playlists one by one. If you want to upload your favorite songs to YouTube Music and other playlists, click “Upload from your YouTube Music account”. You will, however, need to grant full YouTube management permission.
To note: If you choose “YouTube Music Account” method, then you can revoke the permission from Android Settings -> Google -> Account Services -> Connected Apps.
7. Once the playlist is retrieved, click on “ Next: Select destination“.
8. Here, choose “ Spotify and allow Tune My Music to manage your Spotify playlist.
9. Finally, click on “Start moving my music” to start the transfer operation.
10. After transferring, it will show which songs are not available on Spotify. You can take a note or record missing track report in a CSV file.
11. By the way, Tune My Music too offers synchronization service between YouTube Music and Spotify. However, it is available for paid users (from $2/month). Click “Sync” to begin.
12. Here, choose the frequency and time at which the synchronization will take place. You can also choose the synchronization method. For example, ” Mirror” keeps playlists exactly the same. If you delete a song from one service, it will also be deleted from another service. “Add Only” only reflects newly added songs and does not change deleted songs. Now just click “Create sync” to start the sync service.
Find Songs from YouTube Music on Spotify Automatically
This is how you can sync YouTube Music and Spotify. In the first method, I showed a simple guide for users who want to set up a background sync service for free. In the second method, you can also transfer your old library and set up playlist synchronization, but it comes at a cost. So depending on which method you find easy, you can choose any of them. Anyway, it all comes from us. If you want to learn more about these Spotify tips and tricks, follow our linked article.