Looks like Apple no longer views Android as totally alien software. While showcasing the all-new iOS 15 at WWDC 2021, the Cupertino giant showed off a pretty neat feature that promises to launch a never-before-seen bonhomie between iOS and Android. For a change, you can now make a FaceTime call between iPhone and Android. If you want to try out this cool feature of iOS 15, let me help you get started. Here’s how to use Facetime on Android.
Make a FaceTime call between iPhone and Android
First of all, it would be better to clear up some doubts you might have regarding the latest FaceTime updates. Then we can move on and learn how you can FaceTime with an Android phone. Without further ado, let’s dive in.
How to use FaceTime on Android?
Simply put, if you have an Android (or Windows) device and a friend or family member has an Apple device, they can invite you to a FaceTime call via a link. They can send you a link through several channels like email, text, calendar invite or WhatsApp.
Once you receive a FaceTime call link on your Android device, all you have to do to get started is tap the link, and it will open in your browser. After that, you can join the call – much like how you start a Zoom or Google Meet call.
So what’s the catch?
I guess you might also want to know the caveat here. After all, Apple isn’t known for its freebies, is it? To be specific, if you want to schedule or start a FaceTime call with your Android friends, you will need to have an Apple device and an Apple account.
Using an Apple device, you can create a shareable link to allow others to join from their browser on Android or Windows devices. It should be noted that users of Android or Windows devices do not need an Apple account to participate in the call.
Note that participants will not be able to enter the call until the Apple user (who created the link) approves them. The Cupertino giant stressed that FaceTime calls are always end-to-end encrypted, even on the web. Now that you have a good idea of how FaceTime works on Android, we should take a look at the steps.
Create a FaceTime call link
To initiate a FaceTime video call between iPhone and Android, you must first create a FaceTime link. Generating a FaceTime link is as easy as it gets.
- Start the FaceTime app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Now press Create a link.
3. Then the FaceTime app will be instantly generate a link which will appear under To come up section.
Share FaceTime call link with Android/Windows users
Now that you have generated a FaceTime link, you can share it with your friends on Android. Just follow the steps below:
- Open the FaceTime app on your iPhone or iPad. Now press the “I” button next to the “Facetime Link” in the upcoming section.
3. Next, choose the “ share link» option in the menu.
4. Next, choose the preferred medium through which you want to share FaceTime call link with Android device. For example, you can choose to share it via SMS, WhatsApp, email, Messenger, etc.
How to Join FaceTime Call on Android
As I said above, joining a FaceTime call from an Android or Windows device is simple. Correct press the link and join the conversation subject to the approval of the person who created the link. Take a look at how it works here:
1. First, tap the FaceTime link you received on your Android device.
2. Next you need to enter your name to join the FaceTime call. You don’t need an Apple account to participate in video calls on your Android device.
3. Next, press the “Join” button in the upper right corner of the screen. This will send a notification to the iPhone user who created the link to let you join the video call. You will see a “Waiting to be admitted…” message at the bottom of the screen.
4. iPhone user can press the “verify” button from the floating notification to let you join the call.
5. And that’s it. You, an Android phone user, can now enjoy FaceTime calls with friends who own an iPhone.
Make a FaceTime call between iOS and Android with ease
It is more or less that ! This is how you can use FaceTime on your Windows or Android device. Following the COVID-19 pandemic, video conferencing services like Zoom and Google Meet have become very popular. Since FaceTime has long been the preferred choice of Apple users, thanks to its ability to provide secure and seamless calling features, the company finally wants to use its video calling app to capture the lion’s share of the market. . So far, this move seems to be well thought out.
By the way, what do you have to say about the brand new FaceTime app? It would be nice to hear your opinion in the comments section below.