Windows 10 has a dedicated task manager as old as the operating system itself. But what if I tell you that Microsoft added a new task manager just to manage background tasks while playing games on PC? Yes, you read that right. Now you can monitor tasks on Windows 10 while playing games and you don’t need to leave your game window. Right on the game screen, you can monitor and even close resource-intensive tasks that are hampering your game play. So if you want to pin a simple task manager to the game screen, follow this guide.
Monitor Tasks on Windows 10 While Playing Games
Before you start, make sure you’re up to date with the latest Windows 10 October 2020 to construct. The feature we are going to discuss here was added to Xbox Game Bar through Windows 10 20H2 update.
1. First, press the Win + G keyboard shortcut on Windows 10 to open Xbox Game Bar.
2. Here, click on the “ Widget menu and select “Resources”.
3. Now a The resource window will appear on your screen. On first run, it may take some time to display all tasks.
4. Here you can monitor all tasks on Windows 10. If while playing a game the impact is high for some tasks, you can simply click the “X” button to close said task. You can also click “Show more” to see more details.
5. The best part about this feature is that it allows you to pin widget to screen. Basically, when playing games, you won’t have to press Alt + Tab to check for background processes. Simply click on the “Pin” icon and it will pop up on your screen, giving you access to background tasks while playing games.
Pin task manager while playing games on PC
This is how you can monitor tasks on Windows 10 while playing games. I love that Microsoft is continually adding new widgets and improving Xbox Game Bar on PC. As it is a proprietary solution, it helps to improve performance while playing games. In case you want more widgets on Xbox Game Bar, you can find them in the Microsoft Store. Anyway, it all comes from us. If you face any problem, comment below and let us know.