One of the reasons people love to use Fire TV Stick on Android TV is because of the availability of useful features on Amazon Fire TV. For example, you cannot record screen on Android TV unless you go through many hacks. By the way, we have detailed a tutorial on how to record screen on Android TVs for you to check it out. That said, on Fire TV Stick, screen recording is just an app install. It’s just seamless and works out of the box. So, if you want to record screen on Fire TV Stick, follow it.
Record Screen on Fire TV Stick (2021)
1. First, press and hold the “Alexa” button on the remote control and say ” screen recorder“. Now you will be directly redirected to the application page. Open it and install the app.
2. Then open it and here you can choose screen recording resolution or just click “Start Recorder”. By default, it records in FHD resolution.
3. You will get a prompt on your Fire TV Stick screen. Click on ” Start now“.
4. Now go ahead and move around the UI, it will be screen recording in the Context. Keep in mind that you cannot record audio or DRM-protected content from apps like Prime Video or Netflix.
5. When you have finished recording, open the Screen Recorder app again and click “Stop Recorder”. You have successfully recorded your Fire TV Stick screen.
6. Now transfer recorded video on your smartphone or computer, you need to install the “Send Files to TV” (SFTTV) application. Call Alexa and say “Send files to TV app” and install it on your Fire TV Stick.
7. Similarly, on your smartphone or computer, install the Send Files to TV app (To free, offers in-app purchases). The app is available on Android, Windows and macOS. After installation, keep the app open on your device.
To note: For the transfer to work, both of your devices must be connected to a common WiFi network.
8. Now on your Fire TV Stick, open the SFTTV app and click on “ To send“.
9. Here locate the recorded video which should be available in the root directory of your internal storage. Correct scroll down and you will find the recorded video. Records begin with “sr…”. Now click on it.
10. On the next page, select device where you want to transfer the video and that’s it. Within seconds, the video will be transferred to your device.
11. Now go ahead and play recording video from your Fire TV Stick to your smartphone or computer.
Screen Recording on Fire TV Stick: The Easiest Way
This is how you can record screen on Fire TV Stick without much hassle. You just need to install the app, record the screen and transfer the video when you are done. In my tests so far, screen recording quality has been pretty good and it hasn’t slowed down my Fire TV when it’s running in the background.
If you are interested in media centers and want to install Kodi on your Fire TV Stick, just check out our guide. You should also check out our guide on accessing the Google Play Store on Fire TV. It will let you run apps that you can’t find on the Amazon App Store. Either way, it’s all about us. Let us know if you had any trouble following the tutorial and we’ll help you out.