While Android TV and Amazon Fire TV remotes have become pretty minimal, it’s also true that they’re now bloated with dedicated buttons for streaming services like Netflix, HBO, and more. Some people don’t find these buttons useful, so we’ve written a guide on how to remap the Android TV remote. Along the same line we bring you this guide where we explain how to remap the application buttons on Fire TV remotes. So, if you’re interested, go ahead and remap the Fire TV remote buttons.
Remap App Buttons on Fire TV Remotes (2021)
1. First, download the APK remap button for specific apps. AFTV has created button-specific APKs for Netflix, HBO, PS Vue, and Hulu. You can Click here and download the APK according to the button you have on your remote.
2. Now press and hold the “Alexa” button on the remote and say “ Total Commander app“. This will take you to the installation page. Click “Get” to install it.
3. Next, press and hold the “Alexa” button and say “ send files to tv app“. Click “Get” to install the application.
4. Similarly, install the SFTV app (To free, offers in-app purchases) on your smartphone.
5. Now open the SFTV app on both of your devices. On your smartphone, tap “Send” and select the APK file. It will be instantly sent to your Fire TV Stick. Keep in mind that for SFTV to work, both of your devices must be connected to a common Wi-Fi network.
6. Once you have transferred the APK, open Total Commander and locate apk. For example, I uploaded the Netflix button remapping APK so that it is available in the download folder.
7. Now click on it and install app.
8. On the next page, you will need to authorize Total Commander to ” Install unknown apps“.
9. Finally, open it and select the app you want to open when you press the Netflix button. Voila, you’re done. From now on, the Netflix button will open the custom app you set on your Fire TV Stick remote. So here is how you can remap app buttons on Fire TV Stick.
Change Netflix, Hulu, and HBO Buttons on Fire TV Remotes
So this is an easy way to remap app buttons on Fire TV remotes. Unlike the Android TV button remapper, here you have to set the buttons individually via their APKs. FYI, I tried sideloading Button Remapper app from Play Store on Fire TV Stick, but it didn’t work. Either way, it’s all about us. In case you lost your Fire TV remote, browse our guide to find a clever hack. And if you face any issues, comment below and let us know.