Although Apple Music has everything covered to be a top-notch music streaming app, it lacks a built-in sleep timer. As someone who likes to fall asleep to relaxing music, I find the lack of a native sleep timer feature in Apple Music disconcerting. But no need to worry about the lack of this feature, let’s take a look at a workaround to set sleep timer in Apple Music on iPhone, iPad, Android, Mac and even Windows PC.
Set a sleep timer in Apple Music on iPhone, iPad, Android, Mac and Windows PC
Guess what, iOS comes with a handy sleep timer that not only works with Apple Music, but other music streaming apps as well, including Spotify and YouTube Music. The Clock app for iPhone and iPad lets you set your desired sleep timer so you can fall asleep listening to your favorite music.
While you can’t label the Clock app as a native sleep timer for Apple Music, it easily fills the void. This means you won’t need to install any third-party app or spend money to get the job done.
What about other devices like Mac, Windows and Android? Well, I found some nifty workarounds that let you set sleep timer for Apple Music on these devices. With that in mind, let’s get started!
Set Sleep Timer for Apple Music on iPhone and iPad
- Launch it Clock app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Now press the Timer tab in the lower right corner of the screen.
3. Next, set the duration and select the ‘When the timer ends’ option.
4. Scroll down and choose the ‘Stop playing’ option. Then press Together in the upper right corner.
5. Press To start up to start the sleep timer. Now you can go on and enjoy the music, knowing that Apple Music will stop playing music at the stipulated time.
6. Note that you can cancel/pause the sleep timer at any time. Head to the Clock app -> Timer, and tap Cancel/Pause.
Set Sleep Timer for Apple Music on Android
Although the Play Store comes with a ton of standby apps, the one that impressed me is the Sleep Timer for Spotify and Music. The app (To free with ads, offers in-app purchases) is incredibly easy to use and supports Apple Music and YouTube.
To get started, download the app on your Android device and launch it. By default, the timer is put on for 30 minutes. You can choose to reduce or extend the timer. Then press the “Start” button to start the sleep timer.
Set a sleep timer for Apple Music on Mac
1. Launch System Preferences on your Mac and go to ‘Drums’ The settings.
To note: In macOS Catalina and earlier, you’ll need to choose Energy Saver. I’m using macOS Catalina, so I need to access the “Energy Saver” settings.
2. Then select Hourly.
3. Next, check the box to the left of To sleep. Next, set the preferred duration. At the end, be sure to click Okay to confirm.
Set a sleep timer for Apple Music on Windows
Setting up a sleep timer for Apple Music on Windows is just as easy. All you have to do is head to Settings -> System -> Power & Sleep -> Sleep. Then set the duration and you are good to go.
Listen to your favorite tunes in bed with a sleep timer for Apple Music
That’s it! Now that you know how to set a sleep timer for Apple Music, go ahead and enjoy falling asleep peacefully. Now you can catch up on all your favorite songs without having to worry about the music playing in your ears all night.
Although I would eagerly await the arrival of a built-in sleep timer for the Apple Music app, these workarounds are very reliable. Did you find them useful? Be sure to share your two cents in the comments below.