Unbeknownst to many, Windows 10 comes with a ‘alarms and timers‘ feature that works much like any other alarm clock app you might have used on mobile devices. Here we will show you how to access this feature and how to set alarms and timers in Windows 10.
How to Set Alarms and Timers in Windows 10
Today we are going to show you not only how to set alarms and timers in Windows 10, but also how to disable them from being deleted when you no longer intend to use them. Note that alarms and timers will only work as long as the PC is awake and notifications are enabled. If you put your PC in ‘Sleep’ mode or if notifications are disabled, they will not work.
Enable and use alarms in Windows 10
- To set an alarm, launch the Start menu and select “Alarms & Clock” from the list of apps.
- On the app’s home screen, select the “Alarm” tab at the top. You can now activate or deactivate an existing alarm or create a new one by clicking/tapping the “+” sign in the lower right corner.
- Next, adjust the time using your mouse wheel or the direction arrows that appear when you move your mouse cursor over one of the columns.
- You can also configure the alarm using the options in the lower half of the window. As you can see, you can choose a name for the alarm, its repetition frequency and even its sound. Once you are done choosing your options, click/tap the “Save” button.
- Your new alarm will be on by default, but you can turn it on or off like any other alarm. You can also change the time etc. by tapping/clicking on it.
- Once the alarm is triggered, you will receive a notification in the lower right corner of your screen. You can snooze or reject it using the appropriate option.
That’s it. Now you know how to set alarms in Windows 10.
Set timers in Windows 10
- To set a timer, you will need to select the ‘Timer’ tab at the top of the ‘Alarms & Clock’ home screen. You can start an existing timer by clicking/tapping on the “Start” button in the center or change the timings by clicking on any other area of the highlighted part.
- To create a new timer from scratch, tap/click the “+” button at the bottom and follow the same process as creating a new alarm.
That’s it. Now you can set timers so you don’t forget to turn off the gas or turn off the sprinklers in time.
Disable or remove alarms and timers in Windows 10
- To disable existing alarms, tap the “Alarm” tab on the app’s home screen and disable the ones you want to disable.
- To delete existing alarms or timers, first select the Alarm or Timer option from the top tab. Next, click/tap the “Select” button at the bottom to select the alarms or timers you want to delete.
- Now use the checkboxes to select the alarms you want to delete and click on the “Delete” button as shown below.
Now, you can not only set alarms and timers in Windows 10, but also turn them off or remove them if you want.
Easily activate alarms and timers on a Windows 10 PC
Although most of us use smartphones to set reminders, alarms, and timers, you don’t necessarily need a mobile device for that. Now that you know how to set alarms and timers in Windows 10, use it on your computer and let us know if it’s as convenient as using your Android or iPhone. While you’re at it, you should also check out some of the important Windows 10 features recently rolled out with the October 2020 Update, as well as our favorite Windows 10 tips and tricks.