There are times when you come across songs with lyrics so eloquent that you can’t help but wonder how the lyricist found the right words to express your emotions and feelings. To help you share songs that are lyrical masterpieces, Spotify and Apple Music recently added lyric sharing to Instagram Stories. In this article, we will discuss the steps to share song lyrics with IG Stories.
Share song lyrics to Instagram stories
We’ve added a separate set of instructions for sharing song lyrics from Spotify and Apple Music to Instagram Stories. You can skip to the respective section depending on the music streaming service you are using. That said, let’s get started.
Share Spotify song lyrics on IG Stories
1. Open Spotify and scroll down to view song lyrics. In the lower right corner of the lyric sheet, you will see a “Share” button. Tap on it and choose the rows you want to share. You can share up to 5 lines in a story. Once you have chosen the lines, click on the Share button.
2. A personalized share sheet appears when you press the Share button. From there, you can choose the target app and change the color scheme by tapping on the map preview. To share lyrics on Instagram, tap the “Instagram Stories” button. The app will now take you to Instagram and then you can add it to your story by tapping the “Your Story” button.
Share Apple Music song lyrics on IG Stories
1. Open the player interface on Apple Music and switch to Lyrics tab from the bottom controls. Once you’re there long press any row to enter lyrics sharing UI. You can also tap the “Share Lyrics…” button to open the lyrics sharing interface.
2. Now you can choose the lines you want to share. Keep in mind that you can share lyrics up to 150 characters. Once you’ve chosen the lines, tap the “Instagram Stories” button to share the story. If you’re using an iPhone, you can share the lyrics to iMessage from this page. The feature was introduced alongside the iOS 14.5 beta.
3. When the app generates the story, you will be redirected to Instagram. Tap the “Your Story” button to share it. What I love about Apple Music’s implementation of lyrics sharing is the attention to detail. When your Instagram followers tap on the “Play on Apple Music” option, they will be redirected to the exact timestamp of the line you shared in the story.. That’s something missing from Spotify’s vision for lyrics sharing, at least for now.
Add lyrics to Instagram stories from Apple Music and Spotify
This is how you can share lyrics to Instagram Stories from Apple Music and Spotify. If you’re looking for a way to share songs to Instagram Stories, check out our linked guide where we’ve added steps to do so from most streaming services. For more tips, check out our articles on the best Instagram tips and tricks and new Instagram features.