Along with WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger remains one of the most popular messaging apps across all platforms. Probably the best part of the messaging app is a host of user-friendly features including screen sharing which comes in handy in various situations. Whether you want to share a live view of your screen, shop together online, or help your friend solve a problem, screen sharing has a role to play. If you haven’t tried this versatile feature yet, let me walk you through the quick process to share screen in Facebook Messenger on desktop.
How to Share Your Screen in Facebook Messenger on Desktop
Note that the number of participants is limited depending on the service you use. While a simple Messenger call allows screen sharing with up to 8 people at once, Messenger Rooms lets you cast your screen with up to 16 people simultaneously.
Facebook has promised that it will soon increase the limitation from 16 to 50. Additionally, it also plans to introduce improved controls for Messenger Rooms so you can restrict the ability to share the screen for yourself or make it available to all participants during the call or when creating a chat. ‘a room.
- To get started, go to messenger.com, facebook.com, messenger rooms, or Work rooms.
2. Now, start a video call or create a new room according to your need.
3. Next, click the “Share Screen” bottom button.
4. Then choose the “Full screen. “Application window” or “Browser tab” and knock To share.
5. Once screen sharing has started, you can choose to keep the call in the background or browse shared tabs/apps. At the end, press the “Stop screen sharing” option located at the bottom of the call window.
It is more or less that ! If you want to try this useful feature on your mobile device as well, check out our handy guide.
Use Facebook Messenger to share desktop screen
This is how you can make the most of screen sharing in Facebook Messenger to stay connected with your loved ones or collaborate with your colleagues. In the context of COVID-19, video conferencing and screen sharing have become probably the most essential tools to connect, interact or collaborate with people.
That said, what do you think of this Facebook Messenger feature? Most importantly, let us know what features you want to see in the popular messaging app in the comments section below.