Gone are the days when switching from Android to iPhone or vice-versa was a hassle. Now you can easily switch ecosystems; and that too by importing all essential data like contacts without breaking a sweat. So whether you’ve decided to embrace iOS for good or just want to sync all your contacts from Gmail to iPhone and iPad to keep in touch with your friends, the process is pretty smooth. But if you don’t know where to start, let me guide you.
Sync Contacts from Gmail to iPhone and iPad
Wondering what the requirements are? Well, iOS offers a native way to sync Gmail contacts. Thus, you don’t need to install any third-party tool to do it.
Moreover, iOS also lets you set Gmail as the default contacts. If you rely on Gmail more than iCloud, you should take advantage of this useful feature. That said, it’s time to move on with quick steps!
- Sync Contacts from Gmail to iOS Device
- Set Gmail as Default Account on iOS
Sync Contacts from Gmail to iOS Device
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Now scroll down and select To post.
3. Then press Accounts.
4. Then press Add an account.
5. Press google and choose the To continue option in the pop-up window.
6. After that enter your Email ID/phone number and knock Following. Then, type your password and press Following.
7. After successfully logging in, be sure to turn on the switch to contacts and knock Save to finish.
That’s all we can say about it! Now all your Gmail contacts will be synced to your iOS device. Remember that the time it takes to sync all of your contacts depends entirely on the file size. Thus, you may have to wait for some time before your address book is perfectly synchronized.
Set Gmail as Default Account on iPhone and iPad
As mentioned above, you can also set Gmail contacts as the default account on your iPhone or iPad. The process is just as simple.
- To throw the Settings app on your iOS device.
2. Now press contacts.
3. Then press Default account.
4. Next, select the gmail option.
That’s it! From now on, Gmail will work as the default account on your iOS device. Of course, if you ever change your mind, just go back to that same setting and choose iCloud at the end.
- Anytime you don’t want to use the Gmail account, you can delete it easily. Just head to Settings -> Mail -> Accounts -> Gmail. Now tap Delete account and confirm.
Perfectly sync Gmail contacts with your iOS device
This is how you can sync all your Gmail contacts with your iDevice. As iOS also gives you the option to set Gmail as the default account on your device, take advantage of this feature to quickly access your Gmail contacts. While no one can deny the seamless experience offered by iCloud, Gmail is far more efficient and versatile.
Recently, we covered equally useful topics, such as the ability to set Google Chrome/Firefox as the default browser and Outlook as the default email on iOS. Just in case you don’t want to be tied to Apple’s offerings anymore, you’ll be happy to have the freedom to use your preferred default browser and email.
By the way, do you have any feedback/questions? If so, feel free to send it.