Have you ever come across an iPhone or Mac app and wondering whether it supports Family Sharing or not? If so, you’d be happy to know that Apple has made it much easier to tell if iOS or macOS apps support Family Sharing. Apple introduced Family Sharing in iOS 8.
It allows six members of a group to share their purchases from iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store, Apple Music Family Membership, Apple News+ Membership, iCloud Storage Plan, Apple TV+ and even Apple Arcade. This is a very handy feature that reduces the overall cost of applications. So here’s how you can find Family Sharing support for third-party apps.
Find if iPhone/iPad or Mac app supports Family Sharing
As for whether an iPhone/Mac app supports Family Sharing, you don’t need to look elsewhere. Well, I mean the app itself can let you know if it allows a group of six people to share content with each other. Let me walk you through the quick steps!
Determine if iPhone or iPad apps support Family Sharing
- Open App store on your iOS or iPadOS device.
2. Now, find the app in question then press it to check related information.
3. Next, scroll down to find the Supports section. If it supports Family Sharing, it will show confirmation.
Find out if Mac apps are eligible for Family Sharing
- Open Mac App Store on your Mac.
2. Now, search the app what information you want to check. Then, Click on above.
3. Next, go to the Information section to find out if it is compatible with Family Sharing or not.
Find out if iOS or macOS apps support easy Family Sharing
This is how you can easily find out whether specific apps are eligible for Family Sharing or not. Considering how user-friendly this feature is, it is good that the developers have allowed users to quickly check whether or not it allows them to share content in a group. What do you have to say about this useful feature? Share your thoughts on this in the comments section.