One of the biggest problems when switching from iPhone to Android or vice versa is that you lose all your messages. We all have important messages on our phones that we don’t want to lose. But neither of these platforms provide a native way to forward messages when you make a change. Fortunately, there are third-party applications that can help us accomplish this task. In this article, I will show you how to transfer messages from iPhone to Android devices.
Transfer Messages from iPhone to Android Devices
Since there is no native way to transfer messages from iPhone to Android devices or from Android to iPhones, we will use a third-party app. I have tested many such apps, and I think one of the best that can do the transfer without messing up the process is Wondershare MobileTrans.
The best part about this app is that it not only lets you forward SMS messages across multiple platforms, but it also lets you forward messages from third-party apps like WhatsApp, Line, etc. You can also transfer contacts, photos, and music, among others. And they have official guides for all the features the app has to offer.
Having said that, let’s see how easy it is to transfer messages from your iPhone to Android smartphone.
1. Before continuing with the tutorial, make sure you have downloaded and installed the app from the above link.
2. Now launch the app and then connect both phones to your computer. Here, click on the “Transfer” button in the Phone Transfer menu.
To note: I use MobileTrans on my Mac to transfer chats. But the process is the same even if you are using a Windows system.
3. Now set iPhone as source and Android phone as destination. The source phone is the one on the left. If for some reason your iPhone appears on the right side, click the “Flip” button.
4. Choose “Text Messages” as the data source, then click the “Start” button to start the transfer.
5. Now wait a few minutes for the transfer to complete and disconnect your phones.
Easily Transfer Text Messages from Android to iPhone
As you can see, the whole process only takes a few clicks and is completed in a few minutes. I was able to complete the entire transfer in 10 minutes. And that includes the time it took to download and install the app. So if losing your text messages is the only thing stopping you from jumping ship, install the Wondershare MobileTrans app today and have your messages transferred in minutes.