After Windows 10 May 2020 Update, Microsoft made a lot of changes which were not welcomed by many users. It changed how the Alt+Tab selector works and changed the appearance and size of tasks in the overview menu. So we recently wrote a guide to restoring the old Alt+Tab selector. Now there’s a new problem at hand: Meet Now has been permanently added to the taskbar – something people haven’t even asked for. So, if you want to uninstall Meet Now from Windows 10, follow our guide below.
Permanently uninstall Meet Now from Windows 10 (2021)
1. To permanently uninstall Meet Now from Windows 10, we will use the Group Policy Editor. Unfortunately, the Group Policy Editor is not available on Windows 10 Home, but there is a workaround to enable it. So go ahead and enable Group Policy Editor on Windows 10 Home. If you are using Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise or any other edition, just skip to the next step.
2. Once you’ve done that, tap on Windows and search for ” gpedit“. Now click on “Edit Group Policy”.
3. Here in the User Configuration section navigate to Administrative Templates -> Start menu and taskbar.
4. Now scroll down and search for “ Remove the Meet Now icon“.
5. Finally, double click on it and select “ Enabled“. After that, click on the “OK” button.
6. Now, restart your computer, and Meet Now will disappear from Windows 10. That’s it.
7. In case you want activate it then follow the steps above and choose “Not configured” in step 5. You are done.
Disable Meet Now on Windows 10 like this
So that was our short guide on how to disable Meet Now from taskbar area on Windows 10. Now you will not be bothered by Meet Now on any of the PC accounts. It also means that your computer will be responsive after every reboot, reducing the boot process. You can check out our guide on how to speed up Windows 10 for other such ways. Anyway, it all comes from us. If you face any issues, let us know in the comments section below.