iPhones work great with a Mac. However, if you are using a Windows PC and an iPhone, much of this functionality will not be available. Also, if for some reason you want to control your iPhone through Windows, there’s no built-in way to do so. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t do it. In fact, there are some pretty easy ways to do it. If that’s something you want to do, here’s how to use and control your iPhone from a Windows PC.
How to Use and Control iPhone from Windows
First of all, why would you want to control your iPhone from Windows? Well, you can mirror your iPhone screen to PC. You can receive text messages and notifications on your computer, and more. So it can be very useful. Whatever your reason for wanting this particular feature, there are several ways to do it.
There are several ways to control your iPhone from Windows. I will discuss these two methods here, and you can choose the one you prefer. If you wish, you can also use the table of contents below to jump directly to a specific part of this article.
1. Use Wormhole to operate and control iPhone from Windows
The first option you can check out is an app called Wormhole. This is a free app to download. But to use it to its full potential, you’ll have to spend some money on it. Fortunately, it offers a 3-day free trial, so you can check out all of its features before spending your money.
- Download Wormhole from its website and install it.
- You will have the option to choose the type of device. Select iOS.
- You can then purchase the license or start a free trial. Choose the option you want.
- By default, the app shows you the method to use a wired connection. However, you can also use this wirelessly.
- On your iPhone, open Control Center and tap on “Screen Mirroring”. You will see an option for a device called “Wormhole-desktop-xxxxxxx”. Press it.
- You can then proceed according to the on-screen instructions. Make sure to enable Assistive Touch on your iPhone in order to use your PC cursor with your iOS device.
- Your iPhone screen will be displayed on your computer and you can use it like a normal iPhone.
Wormhole also offers a bunch of options on the left. You have the ability to click a screenshot of your iPhone screen, navigate the phone with the buttons, and more.
It is a very useful application, especially if you want to have an extension of your iPhone on your PC.
By the way, Wormhole is also available for Mac, so you can get the same features, with screen mirroring on macOS.
2. Use Dell Mobile Connect
The second option you can try is Dell Mobile Connect. The good thing about this app is that it is completely free. Also, the name may trick you into thinking that it only works on Dell PCs, but that’s not the case. You can use this application on any Windows PC.
- Install Dell Mobile Connect on your PC (To download) and your iPhone (To download).
- Your iPhone will display a code when you launch the app. Enter this code on your PC.
- Give the app the required permissions. The company specifies that it does not collect any personal information from your Contacts or Media.
- Once you have completed all the steps shown on your computer, you will be able to see your iPhone notifications in the Dell Mobile Connect app on your PC.
- You can also use the tabs on the left to view messages, make calls, etc.
Dell Mobile Connect also has the ability to mirror your screen. However, this is very hit or miss, and it doesn’t seem to work for me, even with both devices on the same WiFi network. There are also Bluetooth connectivity issues with the app and the iPhone.
Basically, the only reason why this free app is second in this article is because it can cause a lot of inconvenience when it’s not working. However, aside from screen mirroring, which isn’t very reliable, this app is extremely fast and good at what it needs to do. So you can consider using it also if you don’t need screen mirroring or you are not ready to buy a license for Wormhole.
Easily use and control iOS devices from Windows
There are certainly other apps that offer at least a subset of the functionality offered by the apps I’ve mentioned here. However, in my experience, these two apps offer the best feature set and prices. Moreover, they are also remarkably fast. Especially with screen mirroring on Wormhole.
So, are you interested in using your iPhone through a Windows PC? Let us know in the comments as well as any other apps or methods you think we should discuss here.