Truecaller has been losing its image for quite some time and is struggling to project itself as a privacy-conscious company. In fact, we have written a detailed article on Truecaller’s data collection practice and found that there are many safeguards and wide choice for the user. And no, contrary to popular opinion, the company is not based in China.
That said, Truecaller is now looking to the future and adding some cool features to make the calling experience even better. The recently announced Function Reason for call on Truecaller lets you let the recipient know why you’re calling. It’s not as innovative as Pixel’s Hold for Me feature, but useful enough for most users. So if you want to learn how to use Call Reason feature on Truecaller then follow it.
Use call pattern feature on Truecaller
Before we start, let me tell you that the Call Reason feature on Truecaller is currently only available on Android and rolling out worldwide. It will come to iOS early next year. Also you must be sure version 11.30 to be able to use this feature. So go ahead and update the Truecaller app on the play store. That said, here are the steps to follow.
1. First, open Truecaller and tap on the hamburger menu. Here, open “Settings” and move to “ General“.
2. Then you will find the option “ Reason for call“. Here, enable the toggle and it will take you to the configuration page.
3. Now, press the reasons to activate these predefined messages. If the buttons don’t work, go back and enable the toggle again. This time it should work fine.
4. If you want edit predefined patterns and add your own reasons, then just tap the 3-dot menu and you’ll find an “Edit” option. Tap on it and add your custom call reason on Truecaller.
5. Now you will be greeted with activating the feature. Tap on ” Understood and you’re done.
6. Next, open Truecaller and make a call. At once, a call reason popup will appear. You can simply choose one of them or enter your own text by pressing the “Custom Type” button. If you want to permanently remove the Reason for calling prompt for a particular contact, tap “Hide from this person”.
7. Finally, the recipient will see the call dialog with call reason, front and center. This way the recipient will know the reason you are calling and can increase the chances of a call being answered, especially for unknown numbers. It’s a good idea, isn’t it?
To note: The recipient must have installed the Truecaller app to see the reason for the call.
Use call reason on Truecaller for better communication
This is how you can use the Call Reason feature on Truecaller. I’m glad this sought-after feature isn’t behind the paid plan and everyone from e-commerce agents to service businesses can take advantage of it.
Anyway, it all comes from us. But what do you think of the Call Reason function on Truecaller? Let us know in the comments section below. In case you are not wowed by this new feature, you can take a look at the 10 best Truecaller alternatives.